The Perfect Pie Crust Recipe for an Impatient Baker
Pie Crust Recipe Ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Stir in oil and water.
- Mix until combined.
- Then form it into a ball.
- Spray your pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the ball of dough in the middle of your pie dish.
- And start pushing down on your ball of dough and begin spreading it towards the sides.
- Do as best as you can to evenly pull it up the sides.
- You’ll want plenty of dough up the sides too so you can crimp it at the top edge.
- You can even get in there with your knuckles if you need to.
- Make sure you also press down into the bottom rim of the pan too to spread out the dough and so it’s not too thick.
- And then you can start to go around and crimp the top edges of the crust.
- Once it’s ready, fill with your favorite filling and bake according to your pie’s directions.
If you are using this crust in a recipe that calls for a pre-baked pie crust. Before baking, just make sure you use a fork and prick lots of little holes all over the crust. This will keep the crust from puffing up too much while baking. Remember, this does not have to be perfect. It’s a bottom-only pie crust. It’s rustic and it’s homemade. It should look that way.